| wilvir maps
Whispers on water - a photo journal of our life on the 'cut' dedicated to keeping family and friends informed of our whereabouts.
Tweet us @wilvir514
Helping to keep our waterways litter-free: www.litteraction.org.uk/narrowboat-wilvir
Drought, pollution and illegal fishing all threaten our waterways. Spotted something that looks wrong? See it, say it, save it. Call the Environment Agency (EA) Incident Hotline: 0800 80 70
Location: Dimmingsdale Lock, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal.
1. The magnificent Avenue Bridge crossing the 'Shroppie' on the Chillington Hall estate.
2. The public footpath crossing the bridge to the Hall is sadly unkempt and overgrown leading to the private entrance of the main avenue.
3. Looking south through the fine stone balustrade of Avenue Bridge.
4. About to descend Compton Lock on the 'Staffs & Worcs'.
5. A room with a berry nice view.
After a week at Chillington Wharf on the Shropshire Union Canal, having enjoyed the walks, fishing and atmosphere of the once thriving estate of Chillington Hall, we pulled pins and moved on; leaving behind a good stretch of water for roach fishing too.
We're now moored in a beautiful spot atop Dimmingsdale Lock on the 'Staffs & Worcs' where there are offside moorings. We stayed here on our last visit over two years ago. We'll dally here awhile and enjoy a few September morns while the good weather lasts.
6th Sep 2012, 16:37
It looks as though this al fresco woodland table has not seen a picnic for a while.
6th Sep 2012, 15:46