Sent in by Simon Carter, from his email:
"This clock is opposite myoffice & has been right twice
a day for years! Slough Railway station, Brunel Way, Slough SL1"
And some history on the clock via:
"The current station, which is actually Slough's fifth, was opened in September 1884. It was designed by John Danks in the French Renaissance style. The station was built of red brick with sandstone dressings. When it opened, it was described as one of the finest on the GWR network. It has three large domes, the central one of which housed the ticket office, and has a large clock on the outside.
There were two refreshment rooms on the central platform, one for first and second class passengers, and the other for third class. There were also four well-furnished waiting rooms, two for general use and two for women only. The station also attracted praise for its' covered, gas lit footbridge."
Posted by Alfie