Carlin .. well, she cracks me up. And.. I cannot put into words how funny it was when Sarah arranged her hands ala Tupac.
1. this is carlin shouting, "bang, bang!" at Mia and Mia falling down dead.
2. carlin being the raspberry princess.
3. sarah throwin gang signs.
Otherwise known as, the one-week-before-Lizzie's-Birthday mark.
5th Jul 2005, 17:45
| tags:bigheadcomments (0)
black gag grouper, American red snapper and mangrove snapper, mmm.
this the cooler full of fish we were lucky enough to bring home -- not too many guys were successful on this run, which is irregular for this time of the season and the usual amazing success Hubbard's has on the 34 hr trip, but bighead managed to get ahold of some nice grouper, black gags, two of them. the first one gave him quite a fight and the second we weren't sure it was going to be long enough to meet the requirements, but it was evidently. we also got ahold of some nice american red and mangrove snapper. bighead's largest snapper was just shy of winning the ship's jackpot prize.. everyone puts 20$ in a pot and the cash is divided up three ways, biggest grouper, snapper and amberjack. i mananged to catch a really large mangrove on my first drop down saturday morning around 4 am, might have even been the first fish caught on the ship, somewhat amazed the men on board too, but other than a few more snapper (much smaller) that's all I was able to get ahold of.
the 34 hr trip is definitely a guy's trip, bighead wanted me to "experience deep-sea fishing" and that I did, it's disgusting. don't get me wrong, it was exciting, and I had a fun time -- but i'm glad to be home, carpet and airconditioning.
1. This is the back of the FFII, where supposedly the best fish are caught and the most coveted spots on the ship are -- we were on the back right corner, good location, especially for girls who are in awe and just wanting to sit and watch how men behave when their wives aren't around. What you can't see in this photo -- is the last dude over there on the far left, he's sitting on the live well, where he sat most of the trip when he wasn't passed out drunk and beer farting in his bunk (2 spots away from mine) -- he's barefoot. He remained barefoot for the duration of the trip much to the dismay of the staff. He finally took a J-hook to the big toe this morning while we were all disembarking, this thrilled me to no end. I wanted him to die.
2. This is the inner bunk of the ship -- the air conditioned quarters where bighead and I had our bunks .. now this wasn't all that bad, not nearly as bad as it could have been. At least I had bighead sleeping on the bunk on top of me and not one of the smelly old guys who never washed up the whole time he was on board.
3 Illegal to buy or sell any fish caught on this vessel. Bullshit.
4. Nice shot of bighead's legs and the "herring" as they prefer to be calling, c'mon man, that's f'n sardines.. eww. By the second day on board, no matter how hard/what I scrubbed with, my hands smelled like sardines. When we got home this morning I made a paste with baking soda and toothpaste and finally got that goddamned smell off my hands. bighead's scarred leg is finally starting to not look so bad.. bear trap.
3rd Jul 2005, 19:12
| tags:fishingcomments (0)
This dude .. crazy. Let's just leave it at that.
3rd Jul 2005, 19:09
| tags:tattoocomments (0)
These shots of the Gulf of Mexico were probably my favorite, though they're probably kinda boring.. just water and horizon.
Top shot was one of the last stops we made last night, couldn't quite get the focus right for the sunset, but it was amazing. Really a shame the middle snap didn't come off better too -- so beautiful at the marina this morning.
Bottom shot was taken the first night on the boat -- this is the kid who slept on the inner bunk next to me. I finally have met someone who snores louder/more than me -- it's this dude.
We had a fabulous time, though I don't really think this overnight trip is one for ladies, at least not, not girly girls which I am sometimes. I didn't get sea sick at all though, thank god -- but did find pleasure in watching the punkass 14-18 yr old boys puke their lil hearts out over the side of the ship. Too bad I couldn't get a snap of that, ha!
It was an interesting excursion, to say the least.
3rd Jul 2005, 19:05
I'm starting to get excited. On Friday, me'n bighead're heading out to the Middle Grounds to go deep sea gag-grouper fishing, for my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! The outermost lying area on the map, about 100 miles off the coast of Florida is where we're heading. I'm sure there will be many photos! Wish me luck getting ahold of a monster!