A few miles inland it's been a beautiful (if cold) sunny day, while we've been blanketed in sea mist all day.
1) Silhouette dog - that's not the moon, by the way, it's the sun.
2) Sun almost breaking through.
3) Looking towards the Breakwater (harbour wall).
4) The Breakwater has two green navigation lights at the end - just liked the way the sun peeking through the mist silhouetted the top light.
5) Zoomed in shot.
6) Driving into the sea.
7) Tim showing off the tattoo in his ear.
Been a crazy week (again). Not much time for photos. Managed to get a few of the dog in the park this morning, though.
Nice to see some sunshine.
Hope to do some catching up soon.
After I get some much needed sleep...
1) Cardiff skyline taken with cameraphone.
2) Bristol Channel skyline taken out of our bedroom window.
7th Dec 2009, 20:06
7th Dec 2009, 12:37
...with my new camera.
6th Dec 2009, 18:35
Not a good day to be trying out a new camera - drizzly and murky. But did manage a few shots.
The top two were taken using my old 135mm f3.5 OM lens, which with the 2x crop factor of the Olympus 4/3 system results in an equivalent of 270mm on a 35mm system. And the bottom two were taken at the widest setting of the 14-45mm zoom that came with the camera.
So, shame about the weather but good to be able to have a play with the camera and pleased with it so far.
5th Dec 2009, 17:27
My 'new' camera arrived today. Considering that it is probably 5 years old it's in absolutely mint condition, not a mark on it anywhere, really looks like new. Now I'm frightened to use it in case I get a mark on it - which is not really the point of buying secondhand kit, but still... Once we hit the beach, though, I guess the magnesium alloy body and weather sealing will be put to the test.
I haven't had much chance to try it out yet, still learning what all the buttons do. The second shot is one I took of Tim on the sofa with flash. Hopefully have more time to play with it properly tomorrow.
4th Dec 2009, 20:04
Don't be fooled by the blue sky, by the way. It was *very* cold on the beach this morning.
3rd Dec 2009, 18:16