1. cut door hole
2. remove top section (why will be clear shortly)
3. hinges + bolts = door
4. chimney hole. will be flue'd later.
5. add bucket of basalt. need high-temp sealant to finish this one off, but it'll do for now.
6. first burn! will need a few of these to burn off any nasty volatiles on the bottle or bucket.
Total cost: about 20 quid. needed to buy bucket, rocks, and a handful of tools (which are re-usuable, obviously)
Found towards the back of the Weird Booze cupboard. Gave me something of a shock.
getting there. also including shot of the growing anti-sofa.
frame and tamping tools. now all it needs is several tonnes of soil, and then turfing!
2. ready to shove into a tube.
3. giant sausage (over a metre long!)
Recipe is 50/50 belly pork and loin pork, two egg yolks, garlic, nutmeg, salt+pepper, splash of semolina. Will try more interesting combos later, wanted something fast and simple to start with.