My parents have a mini-TV in the kitchen, so they can cook and watch the news. They've gone abroad on holiday so i had to look after the house, whereupon i discovered something almost completely absurd - that would only be found within our particular brand of household - the remote control wrapped in clingfilm.
Who's genius idea was this? (!? !? !?)
It bears the hallmarks of both my parents obsessions: mum's uber-fastidiousness and dad's eminent-practicalness. The bets are on whodunnit, for when they get back in a few weeks.
27th Jul 2006, 23:12
This little dawg creeped under the fence from next door and decided to play with me all day! Chilled with me for 5 hours.
1. Approaching the needles. Only about 3 hours late. There may have been little wind again but this time we were determined not to quit. 16 Hours later, sailing back in the pitch black, this strategy demanded a rethink. Timing is everything at the fickle hands of mother nature!
2. All aboard
4. Kicking back
5. Oooh lighthouse!
1. Dad's turn to hold the spinnaker pole (cos it was busted - again)
2. Deva steering and looking the other way
4. Raising the whore's knickers
6. First signs of the doldrums
8. My turn on the spinnaker pole
We got off to a really good start. (8am)
Like my glasses? :-)